Friday, November 16, 2012

CLOUD ATLAS - a capsule review by Camilo Arenivar

What would happen if you threw the tv show "Touch" with elements of the movies Pay it Forward, Serendipity, Avatar, The Hours, China Syndrome, Star Wars and Magnolia in a blender and made it into a movie and...oh wait that still doesn't quite explain Cloud Atlas. There really is no explanation. I found it fast moving, slightly confusing yet tightly wound at the same time. It was cinematic and epic, and if you cannot get cheesy about LOVE and FATE then you may not like it. IF it's a movie you WANT to see, then see it. If it's a movie you don't want to see, don't. I think it's worth taking the risk if it's a movie you want to see. It is 2 hours and 44 minutes long and does start off a little slowly but by the last 30 minutes, I was completely engrossed in the film and had no concept of time. It is a movie that is uniquely up my alley though, because I am kind of a cheesy guy at heart and some of the movies I mentioned at the beginning are some of my favorite movies (well maybe not Avatar).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home